The Warm Milk Journal started off as a blog about getting a good night sleep. I know there are a lot of reasons these days why you may not be sleeping well.
Feel free to comment below how you are sleeping and if/how this whole Covid 19 pandemic is effecting your sleep. We can as a community come together to discuss and offer support and tips.
For me it is hit or miss. Some nights I stay up way too late falling down the rabbit hole of the latest news on Twitter or other news apps I have (note to self: I need to put my phone away in another room before bed).
When I do fall asleep after staying up probably too late, there are nights that I will wake up in the middle of the night and there are nights that I sleep all the way through. So it is truly hit or miss.
When I am having sleep issues, I find it helpful to keep a sleep journal. That way I can see patterns of why I slept well on a particular night or not…
The nights I do sleep all the way through the night, I have noticed are the nights that I:
- Ate a light dinner.
- Took a hot bath at bedtime.
- Read a paper book at bedtime as opposed to becoming a slave to my phone and social media under the covers…
- I also find that when my cat Sammy snuggles up next to me and I stay still because God forbid, I can’t disturb the cat. lol… somehow keeping still makes me sleep better.
- Eaten a half a frozen banana as a bedtime snack
- Taken a half magnesium pill supplement (something I will discuss in a future post and please I am not a doctor- consult medical provider before you take any kind of supplements).
I will stop for now. In future posts we will write about many more ways that we can help improve our sleep especially now during these highly stressful and uncertain times.