Gratitude is a great habit to get into. It is hard to feel anxious when we are focused on our blessings. For years, I have kept a special gratitude journal where I will add a few additions to an ongoing list of things I am thankful for. I may do this in the morning or at the end of the day. Anytime is a great time however and it does not have to take more than a minute or two.
I usually make it a goal to add at least five items but the entry usually ends up consisting of more than that.
So if I were to add a few entries to my gratitude journal right this moment (as I sit here outside on my beautiful back patio enjoying this perfect Spring evening) they might look like this:
- The sounds of birds calling in our back yard.
- The cool breeze I feel as I write this.
- No mosquitoes tonight (a gift anytime for Florida writers who wish to write outdoors). 😉
- My health
- The health of my family and friends.
- Finding toilet paper at my local Trader Joes this afternoon.
- All of the greenery we have all around us.
- Having the time to start the Warm Milk Journal back up. Yay!
- Learning a new way to work out (perhaps will share in a future posts).
- My cats Sammy and Winston who are a huge source of pleasure and joy.
Your turn friends! I wish you a lovely night.